Location: Loka Yoga Whistler @ Nita Lake Lodge, 2131 Lake Placid Road
Date: Saturday, July 14th, 2018
Time: 1:30 - 4:30 pm
Cost: $35 + GST
The idea of this workshop is introduce students to Sanskrit – “The language of vibration”, chanting the alphabet and being introduced to the devanagari. These fundamental practices will help to ground and go deeper in the asana practice. Sanskrit work, one hour asana practice, followed by chanting and meditation.
Present new tools for students that would like to go deeper and their practice
- Workshop from 1:30 - 4:30 pm
- Welcome, overview of the work that will be done and ask each individual their expectations and motivations
- Why Sanskrit is so special
- Presentation of Sanskrit Alphabet, giving sheets to students and practicing chanting it.
- Teaching the basic rules to write the devanagari and practice some writing of the letters
- Asana practice, starting sun salutations chanting the 12 greetings to the sun.
- Reading and chanting mantras
- Wrap up and discussing take aways of the workshop
Open class to all levels